• NYSW SU100 on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by trainfreak

I heard from the NYSW Yahoo! Group that the NYSW SU100-18 will be detouring over CSX. It is supposed to go up the Syracuse line to CSX where i assume it will run east to Selkirk then south down the Riverline to CP5 in Little Ferry, NJ. Good luck catching it.
  by NJ Vike

trainfreak wrote:I heard from the NYSW Yahoo! Group that the NYSW SU100-18 will be detouring over CSX. It is supposed to go up the Syracuse line to CSX where i assume it will run east to Selkirk then south down the Riverline to CP5 in Little Ferry, NJ. Good luck catching it.
Labor Day weekend, the CSX went up the NYS&W line. I caught it at Vernon and Pelton Rd.

I guess it was time to pay back.

Ken

by nydepot

Flooding in Port Jervis and all of Orange County.

by trainfreak

Yeah i caught that detour train too. Saw it in three spots, Stockholm, Ogdensburg, then Franklin. Last i heard the Southern Tier was shut down between Deposit and Port Jervis.

by NJ Vike

trainfreak wrote:Yeah i caught that detour train too. Saw it in three spots, Stockholm, Ogdensburg, then Franklin. Last i heard the Southern Tier was shut down between Deposit and Port Jervis.
Flooding?

Are you going to the CNJ festival tomorrow?

Ken

by NJ Vike

nydepot wrote:Flooding in Port Jervis and all of Orange County.

UGH!!!

We had it bad here in Sussex County but not enough to cause major problems that I'm aware of.

Ken

by trainfreak

I am not going to the CNJ festival today because i didnt know about it and i also have a roller hockey game at 12:30. We got slammed here with lots of rain and a lot of wind. We had trees down all over.

by NJ Vike

Jeff,

Sorry to hear. Thankfully, we didn't have any damage nor did I see any anywhere in lower Sussex County.

As far as the CNJ festival, you didn't miss anything. The National Guard was missing this year and there weren't as many vendors. The vendors that were didn't have thing that I would consider good.

I did however, join the CNJ Historical Society and met up with some of the retirees. We discussed many things and it looks like the DL&W - Cutoff will probably pass.

One odd thing on the CNJ Brochure was that it mentioned that the CNJ ran into Sussex County. I can't imagine where. The closest the CNJ came into Sussex County was at Green pond Jct. which is Passaic County; am I wrong?

Regards,

Ken

by Otto Vondrak

I dont know how the CNJ festival has to do with this but...

September 19: SU-100 got to DeWitt sometime this morning, got to Selkirk around 2. New crew went on duty around 3:15, train headed south on the River Line as Z990 around 4:15.

Caught him on the bridge at Catskill around 5:30... not sure if the train made it to CP5 or not.

-otto-
  by henry6

via the High Bridge branch HO. JCt. then Greenwood Lk Jct (just under the Rt80 over pass) then to Nolan's Pt and Woodport to Ogdensburg! It served Tom Edison's zinc mine there.
  by NJ Vike

henry6 wrote:via the High Bridge branch HO. JCt. then Greenwood Lk Jct (just under the Rt80 over pass) then to Nolan's Pt and Woodport to Ogdensburg! It served Tom Edison's zinc mine there.
Thanks for the reply. I was just reading a Lehigh and Hudson River book by Jim Boyd. I just got to the chapter of the Sussex area and it talks about the zinc mine and the CNJ.

Ken

by Otto Vondrak

NYSW continues to detour on the River Line... another train went north this morning, 9/21. I heard over the weekend that there was flooding all around the Delaware River in New Jersey and Pennsylvania... was there extensive damage to the Southern Tier? (I was almost trapped by high tide at Iona Island on Sunday!)

-otto-

by NJ Vike

Otto Vondrak wrote:NYSW continues to detour on the River Line... another train went north this morning, 9/21. I heard over the weekend that there was flooding all around the Delaware River in New Jersey and Pennsylvania... was there extensive damage to the Southern Tier? (I was almost trapped by high tide at Iona Island on Sunday!)

-otto-
Not that I'm aware of. It appears that the western areas here in NJ recieved the most amount of rainfall. We were spared.

by joshuahouse

None of the flooding in the Hornell to Elmira area effected rail opperations, but it may have in the Deposit area, as Rt 17 was closed for some time between Hancock and Deposit due to flooding.

by thannon

I'll chip in that from Gang Mills to Bingo was pretty much problem free (aside from the ever mischievious signals).

Tom H>