• NYC operations in Maybrook Yard

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by gawlikfj

Did the New York Central ever go into Maybrook yard for any reason?
I know they went to Campbell Hall but I seen a picture with a NYC engine at Maybrook.
  by BaltOhio

The January 2005 issue of Trains magazine had an extensive article on Maybrook, which included a listing of all trains scheduled in & out. I don't have the magazine any more and forget the date of the schedule, but believe it was early 1960s. Anyway, it showed one NYC train in and out.
  by lbagg91833

NYC ran RV-2 into MAYBROOK with scheduled arr @ 0900, and RV-9 out of MAYBROOK.with scheduled dept @ 12:45 PM.....Interesting location for SIX RRs....LARRY BAGGERLY
  by gawlikfj

I always heard & read that the New York Central interchanged cars with the New Haven at Campbell Hall but,didn't go into Maybrook Yard itself.
Then I saw a picture of a NYC diesel sitting next to the engine house at Maybrook and the questions started flowing.
  by gawlikfj

I was Mistaken , it was not a NYC engine ,it was a L&HR and I was right the first time . The NYC never entered Maybrook Yard . They only inter-changed cars at Campbell Hall with the New Haven and came up the runner from Campbell Hall to the yard which was New Haven track but, wasn't used by the New Haven.