Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by lkorotzer

I saw this article on today's on-line NY Daily News site. It appears that besides everything else that we are importing into this country, we are now importing graffiti-artists.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 3027c.html

I remember how bad the graffiti was out of control during the 70's and 80's. I don't think that this is art but vandalism. Maybe someone should clue in the judges. I am sure that we can put some of these "guests" up in our plush jail accomodations. It will certainly give these Europeans a different perspective on American Culture!

by Robert Paniagua

NYCTA is not the only place being hit with grafitti. I have a feeling that those same European Artists that have hit NYCTA cars may have invaded Boston's MBCR Commuter Rolling Stock. I've seen some MBCR Cars that have been taking pasengers sport very similar grafitti, and I think it's the same in New York.

Now, do NYCTA Officials allow for the tagged cars to start public runs with customers if they don't have time to wash them out?

by orangeline

Maybe the NY Times can argue this is worthwhile art like they did 30-something years ago during that era's graffiti epidemic. If they catch these people, take away their passports and make 'em clean the trains inside and out until they sparkle!