• NWSL wheel set replacement for Athearn diesels

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Kevin MacDowell

Does anyone have the cross-reference for NWSL #7142-4 wheel set? It looks like they have replaced their nickel-plated sets with solid nickel-silver. I checked their web site but it is not real usable... lots of .pdf's and no search capability.

I want to replace 42" wheel sets on standard Athearn diesels based on the Railmodel Journal article from Robert Higgins, October 1990 (reprinted in the book "Tuning & Upgrading Athearn Locomotives).

And if you know of a decent place to buy wheel sets on-line on-line, I would appreciate that information too.