• Northeastern commuter trains anyone?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Dieter

Lionel announced yesterday (10/09/08) the release of an "O" Gauge Metro North Commuter Train Set.

Just in time for Christmas!!

D/
  by scharnhorst

I'm just starting to add GO Transit operations on my layout hopefully I can get some photos posted soon.
  by jmp883

I have 2 N-scale NJT GP40-2's already on the layout, a Metro-North B23-7 on order, and 3 NJT Comet II coaches that I need to assemble and paint. Should be a good project to get me through this hell that is otherwise known as winter (I HATE winter, everything about it, and have absolutely no use for this most useless season of the year!!). In all my years of modeling I've never built a resin kit before so I'm hopeful that the coaches will turn out well enough to be photo-worthy.
  by ns3010

I have a F40PH-2CAT (it didn't come out too well, and will probably be replaced once I get money), but that's it.
If I ever get money (as a teen with no job, that's kinda hard...), I'd like to get a IMW PL42AC and some Comets, maybe a few MLs. But that's about at the bottom of my MRR list...
  by ApproachMedium

I just had this painted for me by my friend Michael in Germany...

http://acela.i-webhosting.de/modelle/njt425-04.jpg

And no, you cant have it! Unless you wanna pay Michael to do one for you too, just be prepaired to pay 32 dollars to ship it there! Was worth it for the $200 P2K F7A!
  by KV1guy

Little NE Commuter love down here in FL!! Most of my stuff is packed away..working on it from time to time. Only pic I have readily available.....since I cant find one, one of these will become New Haven 230.
  by green_elite_cab

KV1guy wrote:Little NE Commuter love down here in FL!! Most of my stuff is packed away..working on it from time to time. Only pic I have readily available.....since I cant find one, one of these will become New Haven 230.

Those look beautiful!
  by FL9AC

I model Metro-North/CDOT in both HO-scale and N-scale and have custom built, detailed, and airbrushed almost all of it. Here's a few pictures of some of the equipment :-D :

by ApproachMedium

What a stunning collection!
  by Steve F45

Is it custom made or from a place online that makes them? I would love to have one to display my NYSW stuff and my custom/kitbashed engines.
  by FL9AC

The display case pictured was custom built by my father.