• No news on Red Line jumper last night?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Pete

The Red Line was being bused from at least Park to Harvard at 10:00 last night under the guise of a "medical emergency," which as usual was, according to many people waiting, a jumper. Rumor was that it happened at Park, but that the person involved survived. Anyone know any details?

by Porter Sq

What's up with the jumpers. They always seem too chose the Red Line. Is it the color Red that makes them do it?

by octr202

Porter Sq wrote:What's up with the jumpers. They always seem too chose the Red Line. Is it the color Red that makes them do it?
Might just be traffic volume. The Red Line carries more passengers than the Orange or Blue...just statistical average.

I guess people don't try to jump in front of the Green Line trolleys too often. Maybe they realize those can usually stop in time (in stations at least).

by AznSumtinSumtin

Maybe the color red reminds them of blood and guts. Or they see that other jumpers choose the Red Line, so they go with what other people choose.

by CSX Conductor

Porter Sq wrote:Is it the color Red that makes them do it?
Yes, because the blood blends in with the red paint and therefore the train can stay in revenue service. :P

by jrc520

ok, that was just plain wrong

But I liked it anyway:-p
to semiquote from Daria:
Aunt Amy: "What's the point of senseless tragity if you can't make light of it once and a while. I like the way you think Daria."

by fm535

The orange line has had its fair share in the past too...maybe they were color-blind? :wink: