Railroad Forums 

• NJT Rail forum - now & then

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#30459  by BlockLine_4111

In the old system the NJ Railfan forum had much more posts than the NJT Rail forum. The exact opposite is true now and the margin of difference is huge. Was this because too many people posted NJT stuff in the NJ Railfan forum back then ? What has changed ?

What is real significant now is that this forum alone has surpassed the Amtrak forum. 4.4k posts versus 3.6k posts. I recall in the old system the combined posts from both NJ forums was behind but gaining on the Amtrak one.

#30472  by JLo

On the latter, NJT is losing ground to Amtrak. At one point, NJT held a lead of 1200 or so posts, but it is slowly being whittled down.

#30473  by Jtgshu

Yea, the NJT forum got a jump start on Amtrak when this forum came online......they are slowly catching up though....

#30502  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Yea, the NJT forum got a jump start on Amtrak when this forum came online......they are slowly catching up though....
Sounds like it is time for double posting time.

#30507  by JLo

That would be inappropriate.

#30508  by JLo

And unfair. :wink:

#30511  by nick11a

JLo wrote:
And unfair. :wink:
But fun. :wink:

#30526  by BlockLine_4111

JLo, Nick11a, Jtgshu

What were your handles or nicknames in the old/original railroad.net system ?

#30554  by nick11a

^I was nick11a. I joined up just about a year ago (on 6.25.03 IIRC).

#30563  by BlockLine_4111

And how did you find out about this forum ?

I found it by doing a yahoo search on E60s years ago.

#30594  by Greg

I found the original-twice removed from this one-by doing a search on the DL&W Cut-Off.

#30618  by nick11a

I found out about this forum cause in Janurary of last year, I rode on the train for the first time in years. I was a railfan as a kid but grew out of it. I had a few more encounters with the train and did searches on it to learn EVERYTHING I could learn. I became a railfan (or rebecame one after many years and being mature now) overnight.

#30622  by dinky

Duplicate posts are not nice.

#30623  by dinky

[DELETED]

Sorry....duplicate post.

#30644  by nick11a

dinky wrote:[DELETED]

Sorry....duplicate post.
I've created a monster.