Railroad Forums 

• NJT Out in Front on 2005 PGA

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#28651  by james1787

If the M&E finished the rvrr rehab by then, they could have service directly TO baltustrol!! Just kidding.. wishful thinking though.

I'm curious to see how this is all handled.. that's quite a few more passengers!

#28657  by nick11a

A ticket from anywhere on the system to Summit. Interesting. They'll probably have to run special extra trains to make sure transfers work well and to handle the extra riders.

#28677  by 7 Train

With trackage rights, M&E could run through service from Hoboken!

M&E could have several specials runs from HOB with stops at Newark-Broad St, Orange, Millburn and Summit. But will there be a M&E diesel shortage if this happens?
 #28683  by Butlershops

NJT has gotten the Far Hills Steeplechase routine down pretty good. I think they will do fine with this. Plus the extra lists could use the work!

#28693  by Tri-State Tom

Orange ?????

I doubt there's many folks in/around Orange that'll have an interest in or be able to afford a PGA daily ticket.

Ditto on NJT having this operation down pat via years of doing 'The Hunt' extras out and back from Far Hills....

#28699  by nick11a

Tri-State Tom wrote:Orange ?????

I doubt there's many folks in/around Orange that'll have an interest in or be able to afford a PGA daily ticket.

Ditto on NJT having this operation down pat via years of doing 'The Hunt' extras out and back from Far Hills....
Maybe he meant South Orange?

#28717  by 7 Train

South Orange, Maplewood, Short Hills, etc.

#28811  by JLo

Newark-Broad Street ?????
I take your email as a surprise that NJT would bother stopping in Newark. Actually, that makes a lot of sense. The PGA has practice rounds on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and opening rounds on Thusday and Friday. I plan on going at least afternoon and will be taking the train from my office in Newark to get there. I'm sure others will do the same.