Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Train2009

This Morning in Stamford, CT #4607 was leading with Cab Car #7029
  by Train538

Last night in Fairfield, the train was ALP-44 4424 leading and Comet V cab-car 6016 trailing. Came in about twenty-eight minutes late.
  by Otto Vondrak

by Clean Cab

Nice pictures as always Otto. What type and brand of camera do you use?
  by Train2009

This morning I saw it in Stamford, CT arriving and leaving the station with ALP46 #4616 leading and ML Cab Car #701(?)...sorry forget the number of the Cab car.
  by bigrailfan

Train2009 wrote:This morning I saw it in Stamford, CT arriving and leaving the station with ALP46 #4616 leading and ML Cab Car #701(?)...sorry forget the number of the Cab car.
The cab car was 7016. I saw it in Rye.
  by Otto Vondrak

Clean Cab wrote:Nice pictures as always Otto. What type and brand of camera do you use?
Thanks! I shootwith a Canon EOS Elan7, I usually shoot Fujichrome Provia or Sensia.

Was out on Sunday, caught the train at West Hven, New Haven, Westport and Greenwich... Photos to come!
  by Tommy Meehan

Since they reduced the three round-trips to one, does anyone know what the ridership is like? Where the figures might be posted on the MTA site? Thanks.
  by Terrapin Station

Jeff Smith wrote:Tommy, I thought they reduced it to two, not one. Although one may be more than enough.
It was reported around the end of last season (iirc) that it would be reduced from 3 trains (2009) to 2 trains (2010). But I believe because of the round of MTA service cuts, it was further reduced to 1 train for 2010.
  by Tommy Meehan

The current schedule shows just one round-trip.

Train 3137 dpt New Haven at 9:04AM and arr (by connection) at the Meadowlands at 11:42AM.

After the game the connection dpts Meadowlands Sports Complex at 4:48 PM, with Train 3148 shown dpting Secaucus Jct. at 5:31 PM and arr New Haven at 7:50PM.
  by milkyoreo27

Tonight was the first time I ever got close to a NJT double-decker (ashamed to say)! At about 8:30 tonight there was an incredibly long train idling at New Haven.

Just out of curiosity, (a) is the demand really so large for so many cars on the train?
and (b) there were many people taking the train to GCT at around that time. Why does the NJT train deadhead instead of acting as a revenue train to Penn Station?
  by Terrapin Station

milkyoreo27 wrote:Tonight was the first time I ever got close to a NJT double-decker (ashamed to say)! At about 8:30 tonight there was an incredibly long train idling at New Haven.

Just out of curiosity, (a) is the demand really so large for so many cars on the train?
and (b) there were many people taking the train to GCT at around that time. Why does the NJT train deadhead instead of acting as a revenue train to Penn Station?
The MN football trains used to be revenue NJT trains west of Penn Station NY in 2009, or at least that was the plan for 2009. I had not heard that that has changed for 2010. But it certainly could have.