• NHN 1756 --> PAR ??

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Dick H

NHN 1756 suffered a major fire last fall. It has been sold to GRS/PAR. There are several stories making the rounds on the plans for the unit, from it becoming a remote control unit for GRS/PAR to a work engine for the MBTA with a chopped nose and lots of rebuilding. Mr. Fink must know, but he isn't traling.

Dick H

by CN9634

Well we can safely assume this unit will be painted then, unless of course they run it around with PAR patches on it.
By the way, I heard that the 382 was returned to Norfolk Southern? I don't know but whats the scoop on that?

by truman

An NHN engineer tells me PAR bought the unit and intends to turn it into a slug, just like they did with that UP GP-9 in the early eighties.

by NHN503

Spoke with NHN the other day and looks like that it is going to become a Slug or Remote unit for PAR, possibly to be paper transfered to MBTA in the long run.

by stevo

i'm missing something, what road is NHN?

by MEC407

stevo wrote:i'm missing something, what road is NHN?
New Hampshire Northcoast.

by stevo

ok thanks. i was confused, my school is NHN and i'm like nashua high definitely does not own trains...