• New York Central Dreyfuss HO Scale tin Plate model

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by bobcat

Hi
I recently obtained the subject item and have been unable to obtain the origin of this item. It appears to be in HO scale but the entire model including the tender is made from sheet metal. It is very nicely painted and very accurate. It looks like it may have been a promotional item of some sort. I saw one that was displayed on a desk in a trade publication advertisement several years ago but do not recall the subject of the ad except that it was not a Railroad ad. I would be glad to share photo's just send me your email'

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Bob