• New Schedules on NJT

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by R3 Passenger

CentralValleyRail wrote:Will be interesting to see If they use electric to Long Branch from Hoboken. Imagine using arrows LOL
Arrows cannot change voltages on the fly. The Hoboken Division (25 kV, 60 Hz) uses a different voltage than the Newark Division (12kV, 25 Hz), and Arrows cannot run south of Matawan (25 kV, 60Hz).
  by CNJGeep

CentralValleyRail wrote:Will be interesting to see If they use electric to Long Branch from Hoboken.
That's the plan, as far as I have been made to understand.
  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote:They are extending the shuttles from Bay Head into the city. The Hoboken trains will terminate at Long Branch. Will be interesting to see If they use electric to Long Branch from Hoboken. Imagine using arrows LOL
1/2 correct there CVR. Think of it as a flip/flop for where current service starts and ends. Today you have 2302, 2304 and 2308 Bay Head to Hoboken and 3212, 3218 and 3226 Long Branch to New York. May 18th you'll have 2602, 2606 and 2608 Long Branch to Hoboken and 3312, 3318 and 3326 Bay Head to New York. Shuttles stayed the same along with 2300, 2303, 2312 and 2313. It is also important to note, passengers who board at stations Long Branch through Avenel will not see any major change in service, just some different train numbers and possibly some different equipment and crews.
  by jamesinclair

Sigh, the 1 hour gap northbound from NB during evening rush hour is still there.

5:29pm and then 6:30pm.
  by ThirdRail7

srock1028 wrote:
CentralValleyRail wrote:They are extending the shuttles from Bay Head into the city. The Hoboken trains will terminate at Long Branch. Will be interesting to see If they use electric to Long Branch from Hoboken. Imagine using arrows LOL
1/2 correct there CVR. Think of it as a flip/flop for where current service starts and ends. Today you have 2302, 2304 and 2308 Bay Head to Hoboken and 3212, 3218 and 3226 Long Branch to New York. May 18th you'll have 2602, 2606 and 2608 Long Branch to Hoboken and 3312, 3318 and 3326 Bay Head to New York. Shuttles stayed the same along with 2300, 2303, 2312 and 2313. It is also important to note, passengers who board at stations Long Branch through Avenel will not see any major change in service, just some different train numbers and possibly some different equipment and crews.

So they are basically shafting the Hoboken passengers in favor of the Penn Riders, much like they shafted the Arlington, Rowe Street and Benson Street passengers in favor of the rest of the Boonton Passengers?
  by philipmartin

CentralValleyRail wrote: Point to Point on the NJT Schedules Page after 5/17.
Thank you for the tip CVR. I'm getting a look at what'll be going by my station, the 2600s and 3300s.
  by srock1028

jamesinclair wrote:Sigh, the 1 hour gap northbound from NB during evening rush hour is still there.

Yes and I believe you and I had private messages about this. Until the project is completed, this is how things have to be. One of four tracks is closed in one of the busiest sections of the railroad.
  by srock1028

philipmartin wrote:
CentralValleyRail wrote: Point to Point on the NJT Schedules Page after 5/17.
Thank you for the tip CVR. I'm getting a look at what'll be going by my station, the 2600s and 3300s.
Like I said before...
srock1028 wrote:It is also important to note, passengers who board at stations Long Branch through Avenel (Middletown is one of those stations) will not see any major change in service, just some different train numbers and possibly some different equipment and crews.
Full timetables are on the website that are easier to follow.
  by jamesinclair

srock1028 wrote:
jamesinclair wrote:Sigh, the 1 hour gap northbound from NB during evening rush hour is still there.

Yes and I believe you and I had private messages about this. Until the project is completed, this is how things have to be. One of four tracks is closed in one of the busiest sections of the railroad.
Yup we did, Im just hopeful that the schedule gets fixed sooner rather than later.
  by srock1028

jamesinclair wrote:
srock1028 wrote:

Yup we did, Im just hopeful that the schedule gets fixed sooner rather than later.
Understood, hopefully Amtrak's project will finish as scheduled then!
  by philipmartin

srock1028 wrote: J

Like I said before...
srock1028 wrote:It is also important to note, passengers who board at stations Long Branch through Avenel (Middletown is one of those stations) will not see any major change in service, just some different train numbers and possibly some different equipment and crews.
Middletown times changed for 3226/3326 (two minutes earlier, people feel lousy when they miss a train because of a time chang,) and 3230, (eleven minutes later.) I posted their new times around the station, to give people a chance to know about it ahead of time.
Looking at that Bay Head - New York service, aren't the dual power locomotives great!
Last edited by philipmartin on Wed May 06, 2015 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
  by srock1028

philipmartin wrote:
srock1028 wrote: Like I said before...
Middletown times changed for 3226/3326 (two minutes earlier, people feel lousy when they miss a train because of a time chang,) and 3230. P (eleven minutes later.) I posted their new times around the station, to give people a chance to know about it ahead of time.
Thanks for posting that at Middletown, a 2 minute change to me is not major and I forgot to mention 3230's change because it was towards the end of the rush hour.
  by Roadgeek Adam

srock1028 wrote:
Thanks for posting that at Middletown, a 2 minute change to me is not major and I forgot to mention 3230's change because it was towards the end of the rush hour.
It can be major in those who rush for trains. 7:50 instead of 7:52 means people lollygag earlier.
  by philipmartin

According to NJ.Com the new Bay Head - New York service will be funded by part of the authorized $910,000 allocation through the federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program. Don't ask me exactly what that means, except that federal funds are making it happen.
http://www.nj.com/suburbannews/index.ss ... nd_on.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by TrainPhotos

philipmartin wrote:According to NJ.Com the new Bay Head - New York service will be funded by part of the authorized $910,000 allocation through the federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program. Don't ask me exactly what that means, except that federal funds are making it happen.
http://www.nj.com/suburbannews/index.ss ... nd_on.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This may shed some light?

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/air_quality/cmaq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In short, it's about getting people to use transit instead of driving the whole way...