• New Meadowlands Rail Station

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by arrow

nick11a wrote:
Jtgshu wrote:Olog Hai didn't like much here :) Oh well, but its okay, it was always fun having lively discussions with him :) Hope all is well with him!

Anyway, It was always a treat when a Comet 3s center door's bells would stay on the entire time the door was open............sometimes MUs still do that....but C3s seemed to do it more.

Arrow, care to share you thoughts on the rediculously loud Multilevel door closing sounds? haha
Boy, we're off topic.... :-)

The ML beeps aren't nearly as annoying as the piercing Comet V beeps they first had when delivered.
I disagree, I like the beeps on the ML's. It's not shrill and obnoxious like the Comet IIM and Comet IV at least.

Can't beat the bells though.
Last edited by arrow on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by arrow

Terrapin Station wrote:
arrow wrote:I took the train to all the Jets games last season (and plan to use it for all the games next year too), it was great. Very convenient and got me out of there quickly after the game. I only wish they sold some sort of season pass that would let me ride the train to all the games.
There IS a season pass that let's you ride the train to all the games...

Click HERE.
Thanks for the link. Hopefully they will have this for next season.
  by Terrapin Station

arrow wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
arrow wrote:I took the train to all the Jets games last season (and plan to use it for all the games next year too), it was great. Very convenient and got me out of there quickly after the game. I only wish they sold some sort of season pass that would let me ride the train to all the games.
There IS a season pass that let's you ride the train to all the games...

Click HERE.
Thanks for the link. Hopefully they will have this for next season.
You're welcome. Sorry to hear that you missed out on the Pass. That thing has to be priceless for railfanning on football gamedays that you aren't attending a game. Heck, you could even railfan with it before or after games!
  by TDowling

Wasn't this supposed to be a wye serving through Pascack Valley Line trains?
  by Terrapin Station

TDowling wrote:Wasn't this supposed to be a wye serving through Pascack Valley Line trains?
I wouldn't say "supposed to be", but there may or may not have been a proposed plan or idea at one time to do that at some point. Considering current conditions, doesn't seem like it would make much sense right now. So it makes sense that they're not currently doing it.
  by TDowling

Terrapin Station wrote:
TDowling wrote:Wasn't this supposed to be a wye serving through Pascack Valley Line trains?
I wouldn't say "supposed to be", but there may or may not have been a proposed plan or idea at one time to do that at some point. Considering current conditions, doesn't seem like it would make much sense right now. So it makes sense that they're not currently doing it.
I vaguely remember seeing it on the map; I could be mistaken.
  by Terrapin Station

TDowling wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
I vaguely remember seeing it on the map; I could be mistaken.
The wye was built.

But the extension of the line south of the Meadowlands Sports Complex was not built.
  by TDowling

So if they built the wye, why is the new meadowlands station not accessible from points north such as Spring Valley?
  by Terrapin Station

TDowling wrote:So if they built the wye, why is the new meadowlands station not accessible from points north such as Spring Valley?
It is accessible from points north. There's just no revenue service taking advantage of that access, currently.
  by Steve F45

TDowling wrote:So if they built the wye, why is the new meadowlands station not accessible from points north such as Spring Valley?
If they built the wye it would be accesible from the BC line too. It would be like a giant loop going around the stadium grounds. Same for the PVL.
  by cruiser939

Steve F45 wrote:
If they built the wye it would be accesible from the BC line too. It would be like a giant loop going around the stadium grounds. Same for the PVL.
You guys are talking about different wyes. You are talking about a hypothetical wye that never got built. TDowling is talking about the wye that did get built only he didn't know it.
  by Avi

It wouldn't make much sense for the PVL to go to the Meadowlands. Maybe it would be useful to pull a Princeton Junction (operating a Dinky whenever there is an event there and use the 3rd leg of the wye) but you'd need room and that area doesn't have much of it.
  by Steve F45

cruiser939 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:
You guys are talking about different wyes. You are talking about a hypothetical wye that never got built. TDowling is talking about the wye that did get built only he didn't know it.
gotch'ya :-D
  by nyrmetros

I imagine the train was be used for the USA vs Brazil game on Aug 10 ??
  by sixty-six

nyrmetros wrote:I imagine the train was be used for the USA vs Brazil game on Aug 10 ??
Nope, sorry. I imagine the shuttle bus will operate from Secaucus to the Meadowlands, however.