• New interlocking in Pawtucket?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help me on this one. Does everybody know where the new MBTA layover facility is going in Pawtucket? its right across the NEC from the AMTRACK MOW base (along I-95) ok so last night when i was driving back to school, i saw at the west end (Providence direction) of the new MBTA layover yard, a cantilever pole (signal bridge), and then about 5-600feet away, another pole to have signals on it. But only the pole were up

ok so by the looks of last night, i guess they are going to be putting just a swtich from the Layover yard to Track 2 and then a switch from Track 2 to Track 1 can anyone shed any light on this?[/img]

by sery2831

I believe the facility is being tied into Lawn interlocking at the east end, and Orms on the west. No new actual interlockings, just new switches... Should be in service in about 3 months I am hearing.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ahhh ok thanks :-D

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

hey everyone i was in the new layover area yesterday 5/22 and the yard is connected to the mainline, i saw a Amtrak Gravel train sitting in the yard waiting to get onto the mainline(East end). I talked to a MBCR conductor last night and he said he was told July is suppose to be the the opening, but not to rely on that cause they are always late about that stuff, haha

by iandavid

Does this mean the small yard currently in use between Attleboro and South Attleboro will no longer be used? [map]

by paulrail

That is correct. The old layover yard in Hebronville will be closed.

Paul

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

the yard that is used now is called East Junction yard :wink:
  by third trick ACTD

There will be a new interlocking in Pawtucket on No 2 track east of ORMS for moves out of the new layover towards Providence, on the east end there will be an electric lock hand switch, west of Lawn