• Nephew's Attempted Suicide

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Champlain Division

I found out from my nephew, Patrick, (oldest brother's son) that my dumb___ nephew, Victor, (youngest brothers son) had a break-up with a girlfriend he'd been seeing for several years. Apparently he caught her doing the nasty with another guy and flipped-out, drove his truck to a local crossing on the Chicago Line somewhere between Rochester and Weedsport, NY and parked it on the tracks in an attempt to commit suicide. At the very last second a motorist passer-by yanked him out of his truck and saved his life, but his truck got DEEEEEE-STROYED!!!

My youngest brother is mortally embarrassed by this and didn't want me to find out because I am always harping about railroad safety and how railroad tracks attract stupid people.

Anyone who has any of the pertinent poop about this, by all means, join in this thread or contact me off site or by message.

by railroadcarmover

Its a real shame that someone can be so despondant that they would want to take their life, and in such a manner that recklessly puts an entire train crew and untold passengers at serious risk. Not to mention the resultant outcome of what the train crew would go thru emotionally from having been the ones to hit the vehicle and occupant.
I hope your nephew is able to recoup and emotionally work thru all this. Its a blessing that the passing motorist was there to give him a second chance.

Sorry to hear about it.

by Otto Vondrak

While a tragic story, I do not feel that this topic is appropriate for this board. Please contact me off-list if you disagree.

-otto-