• need help milk car

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by cottonx55

hello i am lost i not sure if this forum for the real trains or the models layout type of trains well i have an lionel layout with a milk car 3472 post war it operates ok but when it kicks out a can the green light will blink once for each can its a lionel 80 watt transformer and this is an old car and i new to ac trains as i have n scale and if the red light comes on for any reason you got a short but its all dc current is this normal or need new coil or wire not in right place i bought it dint work and dont think light blink when got wire replace and put where i thought was right and it work great but put box on and ran car it not stay hook up so i bent couple up as book says then notice that it blinks now and inside of truck they need (the base plate) to be replaced and will be in mail soon has anyone got a wire diagram so i know for sure where to place wires thanks
  by cottonx55

and where do i post this question for best help