• N scale Turnouts

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by keeper1616

After learning my lesson using used turnouts on my layout off Ebay last time, does anyone recommend any certian brand of turnouts this time I build something? Money is an object, but can be worked around if the quality is good enough. The rest of the track is code 80 flex. The layout is small enough I will be using hand-throws on all the switches, but I would like to be able to upgrade all of them to remote at some time in the future. Thanks in advice for all your advice.

by SRS125

I my self prefer Peco switches there vary sterdy and have a havey ground spring in them there ment to have a tortus motor under them to thow them but I do mine by hand. Avarge price is between $12.00 with some of the special ones going up to $100.00

The Atlas ones are nice but wear out after a while don't get me wrong there nice but that little copper tab in the switch its self dose not last long if its in a yard being used all of the time.