• N&W Overpasses

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Conrail Cleveland East

Pittsburgh,Pa-The big bridge on I-279 still has "Norfolk and Western Railway" on it.

by crook

On I77 near Zoar there is a NW plate on the side of the overpass. Still in nice shape. I am pretty sure the line is now the WLE.

by Sam Damon

Had an excuse to go to Steubenville, OH today via OH Rt 7.

Confirmed: the overpass at Mingo still has the old "wheel" N&W logo, both northbound and southbound.

by Big Al

The N&W plates on I-77, south of Bolivar/Zoar exit are still there. The W&LE currently uses the line.

Also, there is an N&W plate located in Bedford. It's located on Washington Street on the former W&LE (Connotton Valley 2002-2004) Cleveland Line. The line is now operated by the Cleveland Commercial Railroad. The plate is located in the north side of the overpass. When you drive south on Washington St, you can the N&W plate on the overpass.

by h81627allegheny

Portsmouth,Ohio, where the mainline crosses over US52, at Piketon, Ohio where the mainline crosses US32, this one is the concrete style with the N&W logo cast in concrete or stone, not sure which, it is in excellant condition as well. And as mentioned of course the Columbus area between Watkins yard and the old Joyce Avenue yard on many of the underpasses that were built/finished in the 30s I beleive...some of these are the fancy concrete ones as well.

Dave

by Sam Damon

Big Al wrote:The N&W plates on I-77, south of Bolivar/Zoar exit are still there. The W&LE currently uses the line.
Al, are those the ones preserved, even though ODOT (I think) rehabbed the overpass, and painted it blue?

I was on I-77 in the Canton, OH area this past weekend, and I think I saw these ones you're typing about in your previous post.