• My train collection

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Myke Romeo Angel

i am not a modeler, before anyone jumps the gun. I do however like to collect trains.. One day if i ever get a house i will phase into a modeler but for the time being i just like to collect them set them up from time to time and take pics them. I love commuter trains so everything is focused on commuter trains that run in the northeast corridor.

Above in this pic is my Amtrak engines in the yard. With all the dirt build up you can hardly see the #229 on the engine. In the background is an Amfleet car.
  by scharnhorst

you can post up to 2 or 3 photos per posting I think depending on there size. In any case tho nice pics and welcome to the hobby!
  by Otto Vondrak

Your trains are not going to last long if you keep running them on the carpet. Dirt and carpet fibres will work their way into the wheelsets and into the gears and will be very hard to remove. Put something under those rails, even if its sheets of paper.

Also, there's nothing wrong with running trains and collecting models you like. Enjoy!
  by Ken S.

Or buy the track that comes with the roadbed attached to it. Bachmann's EZ-Track line has a very good variety of track pieces and is less likely to come apart compared to what you're using. I use it and it is more or less age and constant running that give my engines problems more so on the commuter and NYCTA equipment )although it feels more prototype on the latter with the 1970s scheme on both the R17 and R22 sets).