• MTH SD70m-2 problem

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by guilford88panam

Alright guys, so I have two NS SD70m-2s from MTH and both have that "motor" or gear issue. I have emailed MTH a million times and they will not repond. I have not attempted to call them yet. Could someone tell me what is the best way to contact these guys. Thanks. Also I want to get the Athearn SD70m-2 undec versions so I can do my what if Guilford schemes but those are not coming out till like summer! Is there anyway I could use an ACe model? I cannot see any external differences. I mean I know the internal stuff but externally they look pretty much the same....Thanks guys.
Tim