• More CSXT F40PHs

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DutchRailnut

>>Nope...Conn. DOT. They're the only commuter railroad with GEs. <<
Hmm Conn Dot own's 4 and leases 8 but MNCR owns 28 GE's
Conn Dot is not even a railroad but just a wallet to pay for it all.

by octr202

DutchRailnut wrote:>>Nope...Conn. DOT. They're the only commuter railroad with GEs. <<
Hmm Conn Dot own's 4 and leases 8 but MNCR owns 28 GE's
Conn Dot is not even a railroad but just a wallet to pay for it all.
Sorry -- brain fart. I was thinking of the NH painted units, which are owned by Conn DOT, right? COnveniently forgot the rest of the MNCR... :(

by CSX ENG

#9999 is also painted blue and will be released from the paint shop within a few days.........

by rocketman

I say get rid of that Rebel blue and slap some NYC Lightning Stripes on there!
  by MSchwiebert

The Blue is associated with the Union side in the Civil War - the Gray was the color of the confederate uniforms.
csxchris wrote:I say get rid of that Rebel blue and slap some NYC Lightning Stripes on there!
  by Sam Damon

MSchwiebert wrote:The Blue is associated with the Union side in the Civil War - the Gray was the color of the confederate uniforms.
Uhh... IIRC, butternut was also a color of CSA uniforms. But I'll defer to the "superauthentics" on this one. :wink:

[ducking and running]