Railroad Forums 

• Miramichi, New Brunswick

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1626845  by NYNE

Does anyone have any information on operations around Miramichi past and present? We had a chance to go through there a few weeks ago and it looks like it used to be a busy place with a good deal of industry.

I did a little write up in my rail travel blog I am restarting: https://twentystates.blogspot.com/2023/ ... swick.html

But I am so curious about what this place must have looked like in its heyday. If any has any memories or can point me to resources I would appreciate it.
 #1641218  by CPF66

It used to be very busy with 10 lumber and paper mills in the direct area. Today aside from Via the only action is limited to two CN locals. The Campbellton based (569?) runs down there once a week sometimes less while the Moncton local comes up I think twice a week.