• Middleborogh/Lakeville line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CSRR573

I live down the street from the Holbrook/Randolph MBTA station on the Middleborogh/Lakeville line, and i was wondering if any one knows what CSX train uses this line? It's a good sized train, has about 2 locos and a good amount of boxcars and oil tankers. Does any one know about this train?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

you should probably ask this question in the CSX forum, but this is a local that operates out of the Middleboro yard. I don't know the train symbol, but its B7**

by CSX Conductor

It's B729, on duty at Middleboro Yard @ 730am Monday through Friday. :wink:

by CSRR573

Thanks very much! By any chance does anyone know what scanner frequencie that this train uses?

by Robert Paniagua

Uhhh........I really don't knjow the exact frequency, I live near the area too, so I'd like to know.

I know it's NOT 160-8000, that's the main B & A channel, maybe CSX Conductor may know it for you.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

im pretty sure it is 160.800, that is the frequency for all CSX opertions in general. The Framingham Secondary uses it as well as the Middleboro Secondary, i have listend to the crew of B727 in Taunton on that channel

by paulrail

When operating on the Old Colony line to Braintree and return, the CSX crew uses the Old Colony MBTA commuter rail frequency of 161.49.

I have also heard the crews using 160.86, an old Conrail hump yard frequency, while making up trains in the Middleboro Yard.

Try these and see if you can pick up anything.

The old Conrail symbol designation for B727 was WAMI-3 (or simply MI-3)

Paul

by Robert Paniagua

Oh good thanks guys, I'll tune in and see if that's what I get.

by CSX Conductor

As Paul mentioned the crew must be on the Old Colony channel (AAR 92/92), but they may use CSX Channel #2 (AAR 64/64) or 160.86 on your scanner, while switching a customer on the line if there is alot of radio traffic. :wink:

MBTA F40, just as FYI: remember that trains must be on the proper radio channel for the territory they are working, not neccessarily their host railroad's channel. For example if B729 or B733 are working on the MBCR Old Colony Line they must be on 92/92, not CSX channel 46/46 or 64/64. The same holds true for Amtrak, such as P447/P448 which must be on CSXT channel #1 (46/46) while operating on CSXT's main. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea i forgot completely abou tthe MBTA, lol, just like B735 has to switch to 160.920 for when the are on the NEC, cause on the Middleboro Secondary, there are no T's, so it will be 160.800, my bad :wink:

by CSRR573

Thank you very much!