Railroad Forums 

• Mets Willets Point during a Mets Game for Other Events?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1382783  by RandomRailfan

The Mets are playing tomorrow afternoon, there is also an event at the Queens Museum I want to go to.

If I get off at the Mets Willets Point stop will I be able to walk down the walkway in the opposite direction (towards where I would go if I were there for the US Open) and get into Flushing Meadows park? Or is it only open in the direction that lets people get to Mets games?
 #1382791  by MACTRAXX

RR:

When you get off at Mets-Willets Point just remember to have your ticket ready to be collected at the gate on exit.
Only the gate area to the platform is manned by ticket collectors and MTA Police on gating duty. You can go south
of the station down into Flushing Meadow Park without any problem. The only time park access is changed is the
US Open Tennis Tournament time period (late August-early September) with heightened security into the FMP area.

MACTRAXX
 #1445192  by Change at Jamaica

I was recently on a Port Washington bound train and I was in one of the last cars. As we approached Mets-Willets Point, I believe I heard an announcement that the last two cars will not platform at Mets-Willets Point. Was & is this always the case? Does the same thing happened when traveling towards New York as well?

Thank you.