• MetLife Concert Rail Service on BetMGM Meadowlands Rail Line

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Passaic River Rat

SecaucusJunction wrote:... Any rumbles of running extra service on any lines tonight after the concert? If I remember correctly, U2 generally goes pretty late into the evening.
Yes, there will be extra trains on the upper level after the show.
  by srock1028

SecaucusJunction wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:If anyone wants to see 8 car ML sets with diesel power, come watch Meadowlands service tonight. Should be an interesting night...
Smart idea. Looks like they figured it out. Any rumbles of running extra service on any lines tonight after the concert? If I remember correctly, U2 generally goes pretty late into the evening.
Always had it figured out, you just might not think so. Now the program operating as intended...like crusier said, should be an interesting night.
  by CNJGeep

SecaucusJunction wrote: Smart idea. Looks like they figured it out. Any rumbles of running extra service on any lines tonight after the concert? If I remember correctly, U2 generally goes pretty late into the evening.
What's so smart about having cars with stairs in them when they're filled with drunk concertgoers?
  by nick11a

cruiser939 wrote:
nick11a wrote:Little joke. One of their most important albums was called "October."
Figures, I don't speak crappy music so I wasn't able to understand your clever little anecdote...
At least I didn't say "Too bad it isn't Sunday... bloody Sunday..."

I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint.
  by Amtrak7

Saw a Trenton train today at NYP with platform conductors closing doors one at a time because there were just too many standees.

And the ticket office line in NYP was HUGE!!! I'd estimate at least 300 people.
  by Passaic River Rat

Amtrak7 wrote:Saw a Trenton train today at NYP with platform conductors closing doors one at a time because there were just too many standees.

And the ticket office line in NYP was HUGE!!! I'd estimate at least 300 people.
That was the kind of report I was looking for. Thank you.
  by Terrapin Station

cruiser939 wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
cruiser939 wrote: Who cares? This is a NJT rail forum, not Phillysidestreets.net
I care.
I can only hope that no one else here does. If it's so important to you, pm the guy. We talk trains here...
How do you know I wasn't leading up to making a point that involves trains? Back off.
  by BuddSilverliner269

Hey cruiser don't mind the little troll that wandered over from subchat. He's got no life and starts all kinds of trouble. He's got no point and I know the point he was probably going to make had nothing to do with trains. Yes very hated on that forum. Check out some of his postings. Look how much he's liked over there.
http://www.subchat.com
Last edited by BuddSilverliner269 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Uzi-Cat

Terrapin Station wrote: How do you know I wasn't leading up to making a point that involves trains? Back off.
I used common sense to determine that you were going nowhere with that.
  by Passaic River Rat

I was really looking forward to numbers, performance, complaints, pictures of content masses being moved in a well-run, well-planned manner. Something like that. I like the bantering, but I would love to hear some feedback on how things went even more.
  by nick11a

Passaic River Rat wrote:I was really looking forward to numbers, performance, complaints, pictures of content masses being moved in a well-run, well-planned manner. Something like that. I like the bantering, but I would love to hear some feedback on how things went even more.
If somebody in this forum was there, I'm sure they'll report. Short of experiencing it yourself, you might be expecting too much. Many people in here probably avoided the event... a few may have been there either as an employee or a passenger.

Oh, and banter, like it or not, is a fact of life. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, I'm relatively OK with it.
  by cruiser939

cruiser939 wrote:Who cares? This is a NJT rail forum, not Phillysidestreets.net
Terrapin Station wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote: I care.
I can only hope that no one else here does. If it's so important to you, pm the guy. We talk trains here...
How do you know I wasn't leading up to making a point that involves trains? Back off.
Maybe you should spend more time making the actual point and less time keeping this board in suspense as to whether or not you have a point in the first place?
  by Lackawanna565

My older brother and I were waiting in line for almost a hour to get onto the train. He said it was busier this time. Most of the trains had PL42AC and Comet Six cars. When our train was leaving the station there were three other train sets waiting to come in and futher down there was another one heading in. By that time they didn't need some of them. When we got of at Secaucus. I saw the trains dead heading back to Hoboken.
  by cruiser939

nick11a wrote:
Passaic River Rat wrote:I was really looking forward to numbers, performance, complaints, pictures of content masses being moved in a well-run, well-planned manner. Something like that. I like the bantering, but I would love to hear some feedback on how things went even more.
If somebody in this forum was there, I'm sure they'll report. Short of experiencing it yourself, you might be expecting too much. Many people in here probably avoided the event... a few may have been there either as an employee or a passenger.
The event ran rather smoothly as far as NJT is concerned. We carried about 18,500 people in each direction. The only hiccup was that the show was delayed for a while because of the water main break on Rt. 17. This negated much of the work that NJT had done to facilitate the post event crowds returning to NYC; but the guys in charge did a wonderful job of reshuffling crews and equipment and strategically delaying some trains to ensure crowds were loaded swiftly.
  by SecaucusJunction

A coworker of mine, who drove, said she got out of the parking lot in half an hour... so maybe it worked too well.