• MBTA Wyes South Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by charding

I agree - would have been pretty tight to squeeze in a leg at this SW corner. I am old enough to remember a control tower at the SW corner of the diamond…had to be during WWII. Also noticed West Walpole on the rail line. On a previous thread on stations in Walpole, John Anderson of the Walpole Historical Society sent me a picture of the West Walpole station - not much of a station - three-sided building primarily apparently used by students to get to school in Walpole. But haven't be able to figure out how to cut this picture into this text box for all to see…that was the one station we were missing.
  by CSX Conductor

There are technically three legs of the wye at Walpole. 1)Lewis wye behind the station 2) The East Leg {connecting The Framingham Secondary & Yard track 6 to the Franklin Mainline} 3) The two yard tracks west of the Framingham Secondary can be used to connect between the Framingham Secondary and the Franklin Line's Controlled Siding.

The wye in Pawtucket is owned by The P&W and can barely handle 1 locomotive at a time.

Middleboro/Lakeville can also accomodate a wye move.
  by dbperry

without regard to ownership, this old diagram shows historic locations of wyes, more or less. Note date of Sept 1993. Many tracks are now gone (such as the western leg of the wye on the south side of the main line at Framingham (old Holliston secondary))

http://www.dbperry.net/mbtacommuterrailnetwork.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;