• MBTA Service Reporting Idea

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sabourinj

Ok so I hope this isn't crazy and poorly recieved, but I had this idea on the way home today.

How about a website where you could post praise or complaints about particular T service. Say "Operator of 3880 outbound failed to make stop announcements 6/8/06 5:15pm" or "CSA went out of way to help elderly couple use new faregates @ Symphony"

The key to this idea is that you would be able to post these messages via text message from your phone. Eliminating the need to write down the info and then type it in at home. Next time there is a fare increase proposal there would be some hard public data about the shortcomings (or maybe if they are truely "driven by customer service" all of a sudden their greatness).

Thoughts? If you like it, I'm thinking of domain names thath would be cool for this site.

Thanks,

JS

by iandavid

I think it's a great idea. The Carmen's Union would probably hate it, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing. :wink:

There have been many times when I've been screwed royally by some fault of the T -- a Green Line trolley that took forever to show up, or a bus that never came at its scheduled interval -- and usually when it happened it was too late to call the customer service phone line (which closes at 5pm or something). Having a way to instantly report problems in service would be a great way to get the MBTA to start rethinking its current scheme for accountability (which, IMHO, is long overdue for a rethinking).

Yould probably set up a voicemail system as well, in case people aren't savvy with texting. There are services out there (take angel.com, for example) that make setting up phone systems super easy, and allow you to send voicemails as MP3s in email attachments for easy transmission to a web application.