• MBTA Parking

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Nyterider

Among the other things I've noticed when I've been to Boston, I see that many rail stations have undeveloped land in the vicinity which could be used for new parking. Framingham, for instance, has a lot of land inside the freight wye. But I imagine the T wants commuters to utilize Ashland more before they do anything with that. There's also a sizable wooded lot across the main road from West Natick station. And just south of the Braintree garage is a vacant warehouse that has had a sale/lease sign on it for a long time. The last I knew, this site was still available. It could easily hold a couple hundred ground level spaces. It would also help if the T could solve the flooding problem in the ground level of their existing garage. :P

A few years ago, I had my eye on the former Parker Brothers site in Salem for a parking expansion there, but a new condominium development went there instead.

by Fred Rabin

Speaking of parking in a different context. . . Can one leave a car in the Quincy Adams parking structure for five days?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

probably not and i would not levae my car there for 5 days just some advice :wink: