• MBTA Parking lot users...!BEWARE!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

It's happening again, seems that the MBTA won't be able to maintain the same levels of service as years past, so they are once again forced to ratchet up parking fees by 50 cents on the Red/Blue/Green/Orange lots starting this Friday, which ironically falls on the very beginning of FY06.

Here are the details.

MBCR lots, FYI, are NOT being affected this time around

by Derek Bernier

I think it's ABUSRD of the T to raise parking fees just because they please.

they should have NOT raised them today as they did..

since they CAN and STILL maintain "the current levels of service" without raising fees by 50 cents as of this AM.

just another excuse by the MBTA to raise fees casin' us all to dig DEEPER and DEEPER until we are broke 'cause we all had to pay more for our T commute, which is supposed to be far cheaper than driving in all the way to Boston from all suburbs...

by Robert Paniagua

I know, Derek. Things need to shape up for the better.

by mb41

still is cheaper, parking for 3.00 bucks and paying 3.00 bucks beats paying 2.29 a gallon and then parking for over 15.00 in town.

The T is still the cheapest ride going, In Biddeford ME the fare is 1.00, 10 cents more then Boston and no transfers also no discount for seniors, gosh those poor ex-mill workers have to pay 2.00 to ride two buses, Boston seniors pay 12.5 cents per bus ride because of transfers. The T is losing big time, until transfers abuse is stopped then the T will seek other ways to get money.

I know any fare hike sucks, I liked it when the T was 60 cents, but hey tax dollars can't cover everything. The cost of living in the area is very high and stinks for people like myself who don't make much but I rather struggle and live here than struggle where transit does not exist.

by Robert Paniagua

I know any fare hike sucks, I liked it when the T was 60 cents, but hey tax dollars can't cover everything. The cost of living in the area is very high and stinks for people like myself who don't make much but I rather struggle and live here than struggle where transit does not exist.

Yeah I remember the 60 cent fare myself. But at the time until 1987/88, I only got to pay 20 cents, since I was age 11 until 1988, when I paid regular fare.

And you're right about the parking, it's still cheaper than the Downtown Garages :-) $30 there...

And Seashore only costs 1? That's a real bargain!