• MBTA Loco # 1013 Missing a Builder's Plate?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CSX Conductor

Anybody notice if the #1013 is missing a builder's plate? Just curios after seeing this.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

wow, i wonder how he got a hold of that??

by jwhite07

LQQK!!! ***RARE*** Stolen Builder's Plate!

I love the description... "in fine original 'as removed' condition".

Guy seems to have a lot of builder's plates to sell. Several of them come from units still in service. :(

by danib62

Is there a way to report to ebay that he is selling stolen goods? or to tell the MBTA?

by Robert Paniagua

I know, I'm wondering the same thing myself. And I don't think it was a railroad or MBTA employee either.

by SbooX

Yes it can be reported to ebay, heres how.

Click on the "Security Center" link. Its all the way at the bottom of the auction page previously linked.

Choose "Report another problem."

In step 1 choose "Fraud concern for buyers", in step 2 choose "Report a listing you think is fraudulent"

On the next page, choose "Contact Customer Support
Email us with your question or concern."

Enter the item number, which can be found at the top right hand side of the auction page. In this case, the item number is: 6599737916.

That should do it. Not sure if it helps to include a reason why you think its fraud, but feel free to try. I already submitted one for this auction, but it would be helpful for others to do it as well so I don't look like a lone crackpot.

As others noted, he does have a lot of builders plates: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsp3205QQhtZ-1 Maybe someone wants to check out the validity of those auctions as well?

by orange1234

I saw 1013 leaving Malden Center station today around 5:30PM while riding the 106 toward Wellington. Out of curiosity, why are builder's plates so valuable?

by octr202

orange1234 wrote:I saw 1013 leaving Malden Center station today around 5:30PM while riding the 106 toward Wellington. Out of curiosity, why are builder's plates so valuable?
Cause foamers love 'em and dealers know how to seperate the foamers from their money! :wink: