• MBTA Blue Line station attendants

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

MBTA Blue Line CSA's have been hassled by irate customers

Brief Passage from the Boston herald article:
MBTA employees who orient Blue Line riders to new fare collection equipment are being verbally abused, spat on and threatened with violence by patrons who in many cases are furious they can no longer cheat the system.

``I've been spit on, yelled at and cursed at,'' said one customer service agent who did not want to give her name. ``It's very unnerving. It makes me sick.''
Now, check out the remainder of the article

This is awful, seems the new system isn't helping these CSA's :-(
  by octr202

Robert Paniagua wrote:MBTA Blue Line CSA's have been hassled by irate customers

Brief Passage from the Boston herald article:
MBTA employees who orient Blue Line riders to new fare collection equipment are being verbally abused, spat on and threatened with violence by patrons who in many cases are furious they can no longer cheat the system.

``I've been spit on, yelled at and cursed at,'' said one customer service agent who did not want to give her name. ``It's very unnerving. It makes me sick.''
Now, check out the remainder of the article

This is awful, seems the new system isn't helping these CSA's :-(
Sadly, more of the teething problems of changing the system. Who knows how many people have been evading the fares (especially on the subway...there are a thousand tricks to get in without paying), but this is gonna happen.

Now, if only we had police in the stations to catch these people...I bet they'd find out that catching fare beaters helps cut down on a lot of the other small crimes that plague the system, too.

by AznSumtinSumtin

This is truely sad. People getting ticked over not able to perform illegal things anymore is stupid. Apparently, we need more Transit Police at each station or arm the CSA's with nightsticks and handcuffs.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

AznSumtinSumtin wrote:This is truely sad. People getting ticked over not able to perform illegal things anymore is stupid. Apparently, we need more Transit Police at each station or arm the CSA's with nightsticks and handcuffs.
lol, i would want a gun if i was one of those CSA's and handcuffs, mace, etc.

they should have a radio that is on the police channel so that they can just radio in problems, instead of having to call someone

by CJ

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote: they should have a radio that is on the police channel so that they can just radio in problems, instead of having to call someone
Well, it would still take the mbta police 20 min to get there

howsabout deputizing some inspectors or something, atleast give them powers to cuff people for good reasons!

by Robert Paniagua

Now, if only we had police in the stations to catch these people...I bet they'd find out that catching fare beaters helps cut down on a lot of the other small crimes that plague the system, too.

There should be plainclothes police details, so that way, a would be fare evader won't notice. That's what I'd do, since this has gotten worse.

by doublebell

I missed a whole train cycle, 10 minutes, at Wonderland last Sunday waiting in line for a couple of ludites who couldn't figure out the Charlie machine. There were lines at all the other machines too with similar problems.
John Collins

by CSX Conductor

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:lol, i would want a gun if i was one of those CSA's and handcuffs, mace, etc.
You wouldn't need the above if you let them slide. I am dead against fare evasion, but I'd rather stay alive instead of getting shot for trying to enforce the correct fare.

I know a bus driver who told a couple of teens to pay the full fare a few years ago.....they dragged him out of the bus and left him for dead. He is fine now and back to work, but he was out of work for well over a year after the incident. It's not worth jeoparding your own life in my opinion.
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:they should have a radio that is on the police channel so that they can just radio in problems, instead of having to call someone.
The MBTA Police, I'm sorry, Transit Police, monitor the normal rapid transit and bus radio channels. :wink: