• Mattapan High Speed shutdown- is it happening?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by danib62

Otto Vondrak wrote:Mattapan High Speed shutdown- is it happening yet?

-otto-
According to MBTA.com it's not supposed to start untill June 24th. Get your last rides in while you can!

by -Garrett

Will it come back, or will this be another one of those "temporarily suspended" deals where we think it's comming back and then it never happens, leaving 11 PCC's the needlessly rust away? :(

by danib62

-Garrett wrote:Will it come back, or will this be another one of those "temporarily suspended" deals where we think it's comming back and then it never happens, leaving 11 PCC's the needlessly rust away? :(
I'm pretty sure it will be back. The T only shuts down street running rail! They have shut it down before and re-opened it so I'm not too worried. They also have plans in the works for a new a Mattapan station and the new Ashmont station incorporates the high speed line so I wouldn't worry too much. I feel like this topic has been talked about extensively here: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5&start=75

by Otto Vondrak

June 24, that's my birthday.

As for "Will it come back?" well I think we talked about that already. To death.

-otto-

by danib62

Otto Vondrak wrote:June 24, that's my birthday.

As for "Will it come back?" well I think we talked about that already. To death.

-otto-
That's funny because the last shutdown day until they moved it was June 2 which is my birthday!