• Manchester roundhouse update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by kemay59

The LVRR Manchester roundhouse clean-up is a group project of the Lehigh Valley Railroad Historical Society. We welcome participation by other individuals or groups who would like to work on this project. Please contact me through the LVRRHS web site at www.lvrrhs.org if you are interested in helping us out.

The LVRRHS has sponsored train excursions on the Finger Lakes Railway since the fall of 2002. There are no plans to use to the roundhouse in connection with any excursions. The Ontario Central Railroad is strictly freight service only.
  by kemay59

Phase I of the LVRR Manchester Roundhouse Clean-up Project is almost complete. Last week, a crew from Rochester Gas and Electric cut down the remaining trees and brush on the northwest side of the roundhouse along Merrick Circle. Manchester DPW workers are scheduled to haul away the waste by the end of this week. The entire outer side of the roundhouse is now completely free of trees and brush!

Phase II of the roundhouse clean-up project will begin in June. Our plans are to cut down the trees and brush in the interior area (turntable site). Our goal is to clear the turntable pit area so it can be viewed again. Anyone who is interested in helping us out should contact me through the LVRRHS web site at www.lvrrhs.org. Thanks to RG&E for their assistance with the project.

Ken May, LVRRHS President