• LVRR-Niagara Falls branch-update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SST

Well the town of Cheektowaga is really working on the golf course. They are tearing down trees like crazy. You'd think a tornado went through.

I just walked the 8th hole and up to the row and I noticed that they cut down a telegraph pole. I immediately removed all the insulators before the pole is chopped up. If anybody has a large enough flat bed and would like a telegraph pole, I strongly urge you to get over there now and pick it up! It will probablly be gone by Monday [16th].

If anybody does pick it up leave me a msg and I'll return the insulators. I would take it myself but the neighborhood would probably make me tear it down. The lady next to me would probably complain about how it makes her flowers look bad. UGH!

The best way to access this pole is from Transit rd [78] and turn onto Rehm rd and head west all the way to the end. When you get to the row and looking west, the pole in on the east side of the row and on the north side of Rehm. It's half in a drainage ditch. It's muddy.

I realize that this is not the easiest collectors item to get a hold of but I wanted to get the word out just in case.

Here's a map: http://mappoint.msn.com/(gvrepyjjpzayx3 ... |14225|L1|

by Otto Vondrak

a whole telegraph pole? How about just the bracket arm? that would be a nice way to display your glass insulators.

-otto-

by SST

Hmm, I looked at it as one piece. I never thought of dismantling it. I guess that would be better than watching the whole thing get destroyed.