• Lowell CR Line in Woburn

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by jrc520

Woburn Historian to the rescue!

It was for the Lechemere store, because that building you are behind was their main office for a while. It was a flag stop, and only certain trains would stop there, at signal from the employees. It is no longer used, and no one is in that building right now. It's still cool, though the signs might go away soon(I do happen to live only a minute away, and they would look good in my room... )

by jrc520

no. it's behind a swamp and private property.

by Ron Newman

This stop was actually printed as a footnote in Lowell Line schedules for a few years (similar to the Silver Hill footnote in the Fitchburg Line schedule).

by l008com

Can you tell me where this stop is that you are talking about? I want to at least look it up on googlemaps :-)

by l008com

This stop IS in fact easily spottable on google maps. And on google maps it looks like its easy to cut through a parking lot to check it out. But the google maps are out dated, it looks like verizon owns the building now and the whole rear half of the parking lot is fenced off and filled with trucks. Bastards :-P Its the building just south of the WB mason building on the ROW. BTW How come WB mason gave up rail? They seem like the perfect kind of company to get it. But their spur has a fence on it now.

by A320

Is this it?

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2& ... ene=491394

If not, could someone post a specifice location such as what streets it would be between?

Thanks.

by Ron Newman

It should work with Firefox on any system. I'm looking at it right now on Linux.