• Looking for CRRNJ Blue Comet in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by NJTRailfan

Where can I find Rivarossi or any other HO-Scale passenger car sets of the Blue Comet along with the steam engine? I've tried All Aboard, Kenvil Hobbies and F&M in Denville. No dice IF theres a Rivarossi one then great but if not can anyone tell me where can I find this? Apparently I was 2 yrs too late. I should've picked them up then.

Thanks.
  by Ken S.

NJTRailfan wrote:Where can I find Rivarossi or any other HO-Scale passenger car sets of the Blue Comet along with the steam engine? I've tried All Aboard, Kenvil Hobbies and F&M in Denville. No dice IF theres a Rivarossi one then great but if not can anyone tell me where can I find this? Apparently I was 2 yrs too late. I should've picked them up then.

Thanks.
If you're in Dover, hop NJT to Hoboken, PATH to WTC, A to Jay, and F to Ditmas Av, and check there. Also, 9/25 I believe is a Train Show at DHS.

by CNJ999

Be advised that car sets and individual cars for the Blue Comet are common items on eBay at most any time...several sets are currently listed. The so-called AHM/Rivarossi Blue Comet pacific also comes up for sale fairly often (none at the moment). Although today out-of-production, the set was first issued way back inthe 1980's, so plenty of examples should be floating around.

However, I hope that you understand that both the locomotive and cars, beyond paint scheme, bear little actual resemblance to the CRRofNJ train whose name has been usurped for this set.

CNJ999