• LIMA Book

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

by hankadam

New Format - - - Old Subject. In a call to HUNDMAN PUBLISHING yesterday they confirm that the new LIMA book is still in printing. They "hope" to have it ready in April. I suggest one not hold his breath.

by AlcoMD

Hankadam-when are you going to put some more BLW/Lima material up on the forum ?

For example, why did the Lima diesel engine get discontinued-and the BLW
engine line not be ?
  by hankadam

I'll have to get back "on track" - - - I lost the site for over a month and no matter what I tried could not get it to open - just now - April 6th I am back "on board" and opened up the only LIMA message about the ongoing delays of Eric's LIMA HISTORY. Missed the interplay. All the best, hankadam

by Eric Hirsimaki

I talked to Hundman today and they advise the book is due to arrive from the printer May 8th.
  by lumpy72

Thanks for the update. All of us at the Whitewater can't wait for its release.
  by joemato

Does anyone have Hundmans phone number? thanks, Joe

by Eric Hirsimaki

The phone number to order books is

1-800 - 810-7660

by Eric Hirsimaki

Oh joy! The LIMA book has arrived. I received a copy today (Tuesday) via UPS. It is printed on a good coated paper stock. We managed to change some photos to give broader coverage of the plant's production. Photo reproduction is good and I think it is a step up from the first edition. :D

by hankadam

As we say - - - OH JOY! Eric the "new" LIMA book is a treat!!! I received mine today. Anyone who has been holding back must order soon. The SECOND EDITION is beautifully printed and must be on one's shelf soon, before you can purchase one on the Internet for $235. Eric, congratulations. All the best, hankadam
  by joemato

Just got my copy today and it was worth every minute of the wait. Nice job Eric. thanks, Joe

by lumpy72

It looks great. Our order showed up Thusday at the office. Eric, great job.
  by Eric Hirsimaki

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. It has taken long enough to get this edition out and I am most thankful we were able to make some changes. There are still things I regret that were not used, but then that's one of the choices you always have to make. I think the price is very reasonable, I was expecting at least $10 higher. Going to the coated paper was a REAL blessing. You will note some of the photos aren't quite as good as others. This was because we couldn't locate the original prints and had to scan them from the first edition. The blotter effect of the paper in it causes the poor image quality. Over all, though, Bob H did a nice job and should be commended for the result. It's hard to imagine that when I originally offered the book to some publishers they turned it down because they were concerned there was no market for it. Even Bob had some reservations, hence the choices we made regarding content.