• Lettering and detailing an Amtrak AMD 103 kit

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by AmtrakPhill629

I have an AMD 103 no# and i would like to decal it. where can i find numbers for the p42 1-110? Is there anyway i can detail the locomotive?

by astrosa

Microscale makes two decal sets for P42s, in Phase III and Phase IV paint scheme. Check their catalog and view the images to see which set you need.

To purchase the decals, as well as some detail kits intended for the AMD-103 model, search the Walthers catalog. The details you want are the following part numbers:

229-711 Locomotive Detail Kit -- Athearn GE P-32/40/42
235-271 Detail Kit -- Athearn AMD-103 (P40, P42)

By combining these two detail kits, you can end up with an excellent model. If you need parts for any other projects, you can find almost anything at the Walthers website.

by AmtrakPhill629

Thanks