Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#991916  by Amtrak7

What was with the Branchville busing that occured on MANY weekdays? The emails were worded weirdly:
Due to slippery rail conditions, Bus Service will be provided between Cannondale and Branchville. Bus service is only being provided for customers traveling to Branchville. Please listen for announcements at your station.
a) It appears there's no service if your destination is north of Branchville.
b) It appears there's no inbound service at Branchville
c) Do any of the Danbury stops have PA systems anyway?
Last edited by Amtrak7 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #991918  by DutchRailnut

the northbound maxi bombs (through trains) get bus service for passengers traveling to Branchville.
reason ? not enough space to get train up the hill at Branchville wth 7 cars and a Gennie.
remember each locomotive has only equivelant of one dime on rail, so leaves and specialy maple oils do not mix.
 #993797  by FL9AC

Amtrak7 wrote:What was with the Branchville busing that occured on MANY weekdays? The emails were worded weirdly:
Due to slippery rail conditions, Bus Service will be provided between Cannondale and Branchville. Bus service is only being provided for customers traveling to Branchville. Please listen for announcements at your station.
a) It appears there's no service if your destination is north of Branchville.
b) It appears there's no inbound service at Branchville
c) Do any of the Danbury stops have PA systems anyway?

Trains run the entire route as usual but northbound trains let Branchville customers off at Cannondale where they are bussed to Branchville. The trains then highball and bypass Branchville in what seems to be a very successful idea to get the trains up the hill without stalling out. The trains then make every stop after that.
 #994087  by gregorygrice

DutchRailnut wrote:slip slide season is far from over, but so far you conclude right.
If Slip Slide season is over, why is Water World still running?
 #994127  by RearOfSignal

gregorygrice wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:slip slide season is far from over, but so far you conclude right.
If Slip Slide season is over, why is Water World still running?
Who said it was over? I think you mis-read Dutch's post.
 #994165  by DutchRailnut

the waterworld job is abolished as of sunday night, if any waterworlds are called it will be off extra list
 #994592  by gregorygrice

DutchRailnut wrote:the waterworld job is abolished as of sunday night, if any waterworlds are called it will be off extra list
Sorry I misread your post and thanks for the heads up on Water World season ending. I'm glad I got my shots of it here at NWP. I may also go out and get shots of it's last offical run.
 #994594  by DutchRailnut

it may not even run tonight, weather is to nice.
 #994661  by Clean Cab

Sorry I missed all the fun. Nothing like hearing those flat wheels as you slide past a station!!! :)
 #994665  by DutchRailnut

the M-7's have been doing well, have not heard to many Flatspots.
 #1094522  by Backshophoss

Forgive the bounce,has this year's season for "water world" started up??
Or is MNR only using Hi-railers this year?
 #1094527  by DutchRailnut

believe both waterworlds were called out last night, from rumours in crew room.
 #1094943  by chrisnewhaven

Saw it in NWP this morning, had 125 on the south end and 103 on the north. The two other tank cars and 2nd railwasher flatcar were on different tracks, also in NWP. Does any water world run up the Hudson or New Haven Lines, or is it a Harlem only job?
C.J.V.