• Last B&M Steam from Lebanon NH

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by bumthum

Does anyone have any information on the last White River Jct. bound steam passenger train out of Lebanon, NH (I'm not sure if it was a short special trip, Lebanon-White River only, or if it was the tail end of a full length trip over the Northern line)? My father has a very vague memory of riding with his Grandmother on this train and I thought I would try to find out more information about it.
  by b&m 1566

I believe there was the American Freedom Train (steam train) that was in the region in 1977? I thought someone on here mentioned it was the last or one of the last trains on the Northern before the B&M closed it (not including the brief action in 1982 when freight traffic was detoured).
  by bumthum

It would have been sometime during the 1950s since my father was very young and only has a vague memory of the event. I think it would have been a regular scheduled train out of Lebanon and I am guessing that the train was pulled by steam.