• Knox & Kane possibly being purchased?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by njt4172

EDM5970 wrote:I know the Geep is ex-WM, but what about the RS-36? And didn't a BLW get rendered not too long ago? What are they asking for the Geep and RS, anyway?
What are they asking for on the old DL&W passenger coaches?? That is my primary concern!

Thanks,
Steve
  by EDM5970

No one knows the history of the RS-36 or what they are asking for it and the Geep? There sust be a website or email address somewhere.

by sallenparks

The RS36 is EX. NKP.............
  by caboose9

"No one knows the history of the RS-36 or what they are asking for it and the Geep? There sust be a website or email address somewhere."

KKRR - 814-927-6621.
  by caboose9

"No one knows the history of the RS-36 or what they are asking for it and the Geep?"

I was told that D.F. Barnhardt & Associates, 704-436-9393, Mt. Pleasant, NC, was brokering some or all of the K&K equipment. It might be worth a call? Roger

by sallenparks

The history of the K&K's RS36 is Nickel Plate,came to them from Norfolk & Western.

by BR&P

K&K 70 was originally NKP 870, then N&W 2870

by EDM5970

Thanks for all the info; I suspected that 70 was an ex-NKP unit. Hope it and the Geep find good homes.

by railwatcher

from Railpace:

KNOX & KANE UPDATE: The railroad is presently embargoed, however the excursion equipment is NOT for sale. Five Lackawanna MU cars were sold as well as a caboose or two and a small Porter diesel. The rest of the engines, cars, etc. are being held and may be relocated from Marienville to Kane for safe keeping. This is per Sloan Cornell, owner of the railroad.

Let's hope that this line doesn't get scrapped.

Greg