• It's a Wrap for Kawasaki 9043

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by ExCon90

The February issue of the Philadelphia Chapter NRHS newsletter Cinders reports that to commemorate 125 years of electric streetcar service in Philadelphia, SEPTA has wrapped 9043 to resemble an 1892 streetcar; the car will operate over he next year on routes 11, 13, 34, and 36. I and no doubt many others would be glad to see a photo if someone happens to be in the right place at the right time, in good lighting. (A good place would be Philadelphia's own West Portal, which all cars will pass, and at different angles to the sun.)
  by JeffK

Nice shots, Bob - cool stuff!

Although I confess to a preference for the "red wrap" they put on 101 for the 2013 centenary of Media service.
  by ExCon90

The one with the church and the one with the Amtrak train overhead are great, but the one with the PCC--PRICELESS!!! (Was that meet planned with SEPTA, or was it completely by happenstance?)
  by chuchubob

ExCon90 wrote:The one with the church and the one with the Amtrak train overhead are great, but the one with the PCC--PRICELESS!!! (Was that meet planned with SEPTA, or was it completely by happenstance?)
Thanks.
Happenstance. It was a grab shot.
  by tgolanos

What route did the special trolleys (37, 46, etc) run? I imagine a lot of the original rails for those routes has been long ripped up.
  by Patrick Boylan

The 37 kind of ran the routes of the current 36 trolley and 37 bus, that is it ran from City Hall, via subway, to Chester.
Likewise the 46 pretty much ran the route of the current 46 bus, except its normal northern terminus was 60th and Lansdowne. My father told me some trips went to 63rd and Malvern, and when I was a child the bus did too, via the route 10 tracks Lansdowne to 63rd. Sometime while I was growing up they rerouted the bus via 60th to Columbia to 63rd. On the 46's south end it took 58th to a loop just north of Woodland Ave. Sometime in the last 20 years SEPTA relayed 58th between Chester and Woodland to let the 13 detour around construction. I don't think they used the old rail, but took advantage of the fadt that as long as they stayed within the old right of way they needn't worry about buried utilities. Those new tracks are still available today, but I doubt there's much need.
I ask the keep it on topic folks to forgive me.
  by Mike@IHP

HO models are coming, as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.