• Issue on the Green Line 6/13

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by blink55184

Didn't directly affect me, but I saw the distressed looks on about 10 people it did affect.
For some reason, the train that picked me up at Fenway Inbound today was a 3 car train-Which was actually kind of nice because it wasnt as crammed as usual.
When we made it to Arlington, the rear of the 3 cars(which I was in) could not open its doors due to whatever construction they are doing there- They have half the station boarded up and these boards prevented the doors from having room to open. The front door opened half way, and the conductor tried to slam it open but couldn't. Everyone reading their papers and books were unaware this was happening, no announcement for the stop was made and it didn't even really look like we were at a station due to the boards.
The conductor radioed to the train driver what was happening, and after cars 1 and 2 closed their doors, we pulled up about 5 feet and the conductor opened just the front door for a moment, let an old woman off, then closed the door and we started rolling.
Then about 10 people got pissy because they missed their stop and were unaware what was going on.

Ironic enough, even if he had taken the time to make an announcemnt for people to come to the front, no one would have heard it. It was apparent at Park st. that the intercoms werent working.
  by sabourinj

The "whatever construction" is actually cleaning up the flaking paint and adding elevators so the station can be accessible. See http://www.mbta.com/projects_underway/a ... tation.asp

As for the incident, this has been a problem since part of the platform was closed. Drivers of 3 car trains are supposed to pull far enough forward that the first door of the 3rd car comes just past the construction barriers.

Obviously the lack of working PA system and at least the operator could have yelled to come to the front door. Did you note the car number and write the green line chief at [email protected]?

JS

by blink55184

I noted the train was 3607

I am not going to file a complaint, other than on here :-D

It really didnt affect me, I just watched it all go down and felt bad for the people whos looks became annoyed when they realized they were either walking Boylston back to Arlington or going to Park st. and switching outbound