• Interesting CR Set

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Diverging Route

Today train 1305/1306 (North Station-Lowell-North Station) was a four car set. And the MBB "lav" car (1515) was the second car from the south, i.e. adjacent to the control car, 1640, and not in its usual position next to the engine.

by sery2831

I had that set last Wed night. It was a 5 car, but they must have cut off the 1602(I think) that was behind the loco. That car had no working heat what so ever. There was also another 4 car train with a 1500 car as a control car and no 500 car behind the loco.

by Diverging Route

Intersting, CB! I also saw a four-car set on the south side last week. Hopefully it wasn't used for much more than the Readville Shuttle.

Inbound on my trip to Boston this morning (I won't give the train number so as not to implicate anyone), the conductor announced on the PA as we passed Tower A, "Please remain seated until the train comes to a complete stop at North Station." I think this conductor has been flying too much :-) I said to the conductor, "I stand all the way on a rush hour train five days a week. Is there a different "rule" for Saturdays?" *chuckle*

by Porter Sq

Diverging Route I think i know who your talking about.Did this guy give a long speach like you hear on a amtrak train?

by SnoozerZ49

"Ladies and gentleman, at this time we are now arriving at our last stop, North Station, Boston, with a connection for the green and orange lines. At this time please check around your seat and make sure you have all your personal belongings with you before you leave the train. Finally we would like to remind all children travelling with small parents to please hold their hands and mind the gap while exiting the train. Thank you and have a nice day."

by CSX Conductor

Thought that you were on the South Side Snoozer?!? LOL

I take it you've worked with that person enough to know the lecture by heart. :-)
Last edited by CSX Conductor on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Porter Sq

Snoozer that's the exact speach sometimes he ads about the weather but that is right on target. Is it you were all talking about?

by sery2831

I know it wasnt me, lol :-)

North Station last stop, connect here with the Green and Orange Line, watch your step when exiting the train, North Station Final stop.

That's my normal speech if I have a working PA system!!!

by Diverging Route

Nope, wasn't you, CB. It was a female! And not the usual suspect :wink:
  by paulrail

I had this fellow on a trip from Worcester to Boston. Before Back Bay station, he did his thing, [pretty much the same wording] but tailored to the south side. He did point out the historical places to visit and how to get there on the T. He's quite a showman! :wink:

Paul

by CRail

mine is short and sweet.

"now arriving south station, last stop, change here for the red line, amtrak, and intercity bus connections."

When departing south, i say

(time, destination, and next stop depend on the train i am on [obviously])
this is the 4:35 Providence train. Next stop will be Route 128, please have your tickets ready as the conductors will be coming to collect them.
(usually i wait untill we leave back bay because so many people get on there, and payment isnt usually collected untill after back bay)

by CSX Conductor

CRail wrote:mine is short and sweet.

"now arriving south station, last stop, change here for the red line, amtrak, and intercity bus connections."

When departing south, i say

(time, destination, and next stop depend on the train i am on [obviously])
this is the 4:35 Providence train. Next stop will be Route 128, please have your tickets ready as the conductors will be coming to collect them.
(usually i wait untill we leave back bay because so many people get on there, and payment isnt usually collected untill after back bay)
Just don't get caught by an official since you have to authority to use the PA. :wink:

by CRail

i given authority by the crew, i usually ride with crews i know

by CRail

i given authority by the crew, i usually ride with crews i know I play conductor and they love it because it makes their job easier. :-D