• In Her Shoes

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by quadrock

Watched "In Her Shoes" with Cameron Diaz the other day. There was a scene with Cameron in Phildalphiea 30th street station buying tickets (with Amtrak logo seen in shot), where the camera then pans to the departure board for her train...the Palmetto to Miami. This is technically inaccurate as the Palmetto only goes as far as Savannah (I believe it was called the Silver Palm when it went to Miami). Later on there is a scene of her stepping off the train (could see what I think were Amfleets) at Deerfield Beach station in FL. Thought it was interesting how this is one of the few contemporary movies I can think of that prominently feature LD Amtrak travel. Maybe the director was a pro-rail.