Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Otto Vondrak

Who?

by Nester

I think the poster is referring to Larry Reuter, MTA-NYCT President, who annouced that he was resigning today.

I don't think it will have any noticeable effect on MNR operations.

by Terminal Proceed

This has absolutely nothing to do with MNRR and belongs in the subway forum.

by harryguy082589

Terminal Proceed wrote:This has absolutely nothing to do with MNRR and belongs in the subway forum.
MTA controls the MNR also

by Nester

Lawrence Reuter was the TA president, not the MTA President/Chairman.

The TA is the Subway and the MTA is the public authority that controls the TA, MNR, LIRR, B&T, LI Bus, MTA Bus, and MTA Capital Construction. The President of the Subway has no operational control over Metro-North, and the departure of LR will have no effect on the daily operations of Metro-North.

by harryguy082589

Nester wrote:Lawrence Reuter was the TA president, not the MTA President/Chairman.

The TA is the Subway and the MTA is the public authority that controls the TA, MNR, LIRR, B&T, LI Bus, MTA Bus, and MTA Capital Construction. The President of the Subway has no operational control over Metro-North, and the departure of LR will have no effect on the daily operations of Metro-North.
My misake, sorry. In that case why is he appointed by Spitzer not Bloomberg