Railroad Forums 

• Huntington/Greenlawn

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #505123  by CFDChris237

Today i saw a few gondola's in greenlawn, they weren't there last night. And i see that kleet lumbers siding has a few cars that look like they are ready to be picked up. Anyone know when they are usually taken?

#506157  by Spartan Phalanx

Were the gondolas in Greenlawn on the team track, or on the unused siding on the south side of the station? Did you notice if they had anything in them? That siding has derails at both ends, by the way. I don't know if the switches are manually thrown or controlled remotely from DIVIDE Tower in Hicksville.

#506195  by CFDChris237

they were on the siding. the other day they were taking out old ties and placing them on the ground. The cars are still there i believe, well as of this afternoon they were.