Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1025054  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:I think it was the 4183 not the 4178
Nice job blockline...did you get a response?
Just did... As I predicted, it is not going to happen... She said there are no plans for it!!

Interesting that you got a different response!!!
 #1025075  by Ridgefielder

kitn1mcc wrote:i wish that CDOT would use some of the Other Schemes the Green and Gold was nice as well
Always thought the P32's would look pretty slick in the hunter green/warm orange and silver pinstripes the ALCO PA's wore.
 #1028170  by workextra

NS is doing their heritage program out of pocket. Though doing a MN EL or even ERIE unit for WOH service would look great and provide good PR There is no interest from the powers that be. I highly doubt that the cost of the colors are any different between Red White and Blue or Maroon, Grey and Yellow.
The complexity of the paint job is where the money is. Not in the colors, Unless the colors are extremely complicated to mix.
Some could argue that NYC make's up the bread and butter of MNCR and that they should have a Genesis or BL20 in lightning stripes, But that wont happen either.
The Cigar Band scheme would probably be a very cheap paint job compared to the current one. ;-)
The Cigar Band and lettering done in Scotch Brite decals to save money on paint.
 #1030007  by railmason357

On the Southern Tier I would love to see Erie paint scheme for whoever does the painting. As Dutch said, MN is already repainting the Progress Rail rebuilds and I don't figure them to paint the last one going in 4193 any other color unless someone else is paying for it.