• Help Save the SP TE70-4s

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

by LIRRNOVA55

Originally posted on Trainorders, here is the message, Just passing it along. .

" As I type they are literally sitting a couple hundred feet from this desk and office here in East Oakland. Between 54th and 57th street to be exact. If anyone wants to organize a tour, I have the GE Captital manager's personal contact info since he is our backyard neighbor. He already said he'd be cool for a tour since he is seriously trying to get these four hulks off his property. I even know of a "special needs" trucking company owned by two railfans that have already volunteered their time and $$$ to make such a Popsicle excavation move actually possible! They expressed their interest to me on this two weeks ago but need to know specifics and logistics like more people to contact, where they would go, access issues, etc.. I can help with info on some of these but need more help.

Thanks to UP killing the industry lead off the Oakland Sub a few years back, these units are super landlocked and are facing the threat of one day being scrappe on site. The actual owner of the unit still thinks he can get $$$ for the four units but might be persuaded with one large tax right off and pressure from GE Capital since they have been giving him free rent. Would love to get together a list of museums/organizations (PLA/NCRY, CSRRM, ???) to try to make these Popsicle moves a reality. Please forward this to anyne you know that could help along with my email.

-Ryan M. Martin aka "espeeboy"
on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2

[email protected] "

These the them. . http://espee.railfan.net/te_70-4s.html

- Paul