• Guilford MEC Center-beam car

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by mick

I saw a MEC car that had bulkheads on each end and center-beam type posts down the middle, looks like it was made from a pulpwood car. It was painted grey with a small "G" logo on the sides, it was numbered MEC 2000 000. It was headed for Mattawamkeag, ME, to Permatreat. It was listed as "restricted in interchange service, age". The grey paint was faded, so it is not a recently painted car, lettering on the side said WS-1-94. I never knew Guilford had such cars, anyone know any more about it?

by SLR 393

I have a half dozen pics of that car, taken at Waterville Shops. Got them from George Melvin/Melvin Photos. George was helping me research the Paul Bunyan Magor pulp cars, that 200000 car is a rebuild of one, a homemade centerbeam.